Pages

Monday, June 01, 2009

first bike ride & chicago deep dish pizza

Last weekend (the one before this past weekend) was such nice weather so I was very eager to get out on our bikes...and try out Jaxon's bike seat for the first time. We were a little nervous about the whole helmet thing...it's almost impossible to find any helmets for kids under the age of 3. But thankfully my sister Karen had a helmet from Sam that she gave us. It fits Jaxon perfectly. We thought he might hate it and try to take it off but he really doesn't mind it.



He LOVED our bike ride. We were gone for about an hour (Dan came too!) and even braved the Pine street hill (yikes!). For the first little bit we didn't hear a peep out of Jaxon and then he started singing and talking. We've been out a couple times since and he is very content to get his helmet on cause he knows what that means! I love biking.



Once & a while Dan will get inspired and decide to create something in the kitchen. He spent the week before in Chicago (for the Moody Pastor's Conference!) and got a taste of the REAL Chicago-Double-Crust-Deep-Dish-Pizza. He came home and decided to try and make it for me and viola! Here it is. He did an amazing job. I must say, I was a little skeptical about the "double crust" idea. I thought for sure it would be too doughy....but it was DELICIOUS. Way to go, honey.


oh yeah.


our new fun thing to do. Jaxon loves being chased down the hall on his daddy's shoulders.

2 comments:

  1. He looks adorable in that little helmut! I still haven't been able to find one small enough for Emily...I think I could probably get one at Walmart or something that would fit Tate now though...finally! :) Oh well. And yummmmm...that pizza looks tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura I love that little hoodie that you have for him. He looks so cool. I wish we were closer together so that we could go for bike rides together. Glad you are enjoying the spring with pizza and fitness (bike riding.) Your family is as cute as ever.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete