Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

something I can do.

Hey friends!
Once again, here I am....posting again finally 6 months later.
And today's post isn't even about me!

I just came across something really cool on somebody else's Pinterest board, and it almost seems too good to be true.

It's a way that you and I can SO EASILY help artisans in Uganda by supporting their businesses. Even if you can't buy anything, even just spreading the word helps them.

I just signed up, it took me like 2 seconds. I have a 7 days to raise awareness for a woman named Akello Florence. She's 31 and has 1 child. If you go to my page (click here)  and buy anything on the store, she will benefit from that. There is lots of jewellery, bags, scarves, and even a nativity set that have all been handmade by these artisans. These are some of my favorites:


Perfect for Christmas gifts I'd say!! :)

The goal is for me to raise $200 for her in 7 days, and that will be her month's wage.

But even if you can't buy anything, at least take a look. This program is called Work Works from Light Gives Heat, and you can quite easily begin your own campaign. It doesn't cost anything and all they ask for is your email address and name and they give you your own page.


That's all for now, but I promise to try and write an update post sometime soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment