Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

finger painting fun

Jax and I were bored yesterday morning and decided to dig out the paint! Since Jaxon's still pretty young I didn't know what I would be getting myself into but he actually did REALLY good and we had SO MUCH FUN! I am still amazed at how much fun things are when you have a kid. Things that I never in a million years thought would be fun. Especially when it's their first time. It's exciting to see them learn and develop and have fun with things.

Anyway...here's some pictures.

And, just FYI - those tubes of "water based" acrylic paint....that paint doesn't wash out of clothes :( Unfortunately I didn't wear old clothes since I really didn't think I would get dirty. Wrong! Oh well.

Jax was amazed when I showed him that he got to put his fingers in the paint. He looked at me and said "Whoaaaa" with a half smile on his face.


he concentrated pretty hard the whole time.














...and one more picture that has nothing to do with painting but I thought was super cute. Dan's parents brought some of Dan's old dinky toys with them when they came last weekend and Jax loves them :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the last pic of Jax on the loor with Dan's old toys - he has less of the "baby boy" look and is really turning into a "bog boy"! I know we just saw you and he couldn't have changed THAT much, but he just really looks like a big boy now - maybe it's the haircut? Love you and CONGRATS on a baby GIRL!!!! YAY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Laura... congratulations on the baby girl. I have to tell you that your 19 week belly looks just precious. Praying for you and that precious little girl growing within you!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so if you really want to fingerpaint, you have to try it Australian style. I worked with a teacher who was from Australia and to finger paint they actually pour the paint directly onto the table and then get their hands and fingers into it to make designs and then they lay a piece of paper on top and press it flat to pick up the paint. You can actually make some pretty neat designs, but be prepared for the clean up!

    ReplyDelete