Pages

Thursday, May 07, 2009

teething necklace

Last week we received our amber teething necklace in the mail. I heard about them from Stacey's blog a while ago and after Jaxon's rough week teething 2 weeks ago I decided to give it a try.

They can be very expensive, but I found one on ebay for $12 so I was pretty happy about that.

So far it seems to be helping! Jaxon just cut his 4th tooth (upper front L) and his teething symptoms weren't near as bad this time. He hasn't tried to chew on it or pull it off yet so that's good. We try to keep it tucked under his shirt so he forgets it's there.

If you want to know more about how these work, I copied & pasted some info below.



a good view of his 3 teeth!


I found the information below at this website.

"Amber is a natural analgesic and when worn on the skin, it releases healing oils that helps babies and young children to stay calm and more relaxed throughout teething. Amber necklaces are a great natural remedy and can eliminate the need for over the counter drugs.

Worn close to the skin, the body's heat helps release minuscule amounts of oil from the amber, which is then absorbed into the blood stream.

Baltic amber has be known to reduce acidity in the human body in a totally natural way. By having the baby wear the necklace everyday it helps reduce the common symptoms related to teething such as; redness in the cheeks, swollen gums, diaper rashes and fevers."

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that amber had those kind of properties... I think I may have to look into one of those necklaces when it comes time for Lane to start teething... thanks for the idea and info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool I never knew there was a thing like that!!

    ReplyDelete