Friday, November 21, 2008
Next weekend our church is having a "progressive dinner" and we're hosting the appetizers. Anyone have any ideas of what I should make? I'm trying to think of something that doesn't look half devoured for each group that comes after the first one (I'm not sure it would be so appealing to dig into a half-eaten cheeseball.....???)
Monday, November 17, 2008
last night I went in to check on Jaxon and he was sucking his thumb!!!!!! So adorable. He had his thumb in his mouth for a few seconds right after he was born but he hasn't done it again until now. Hopefully his thumb sucking won't turn into a hard-to-break habit down the road...but for now it's just way too cute to put an end to! :) These pictures were taken tonight during our little evening cuddle.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Sunday, November 02, 2008
Our friend Grace gave us another photo shoot of Jaxon the other day. In these pictures he is 9 1/2 weeks old. It's amazing how fast he's growing. Here's a little bit about Jax:
looking up up up
- loves to look at the ceiling. No matter how exciting anything else may be, if he decides he wants to look up, there's no changing his mind. He arches his back and neck just so he can see up. It looks very uncomfortable.
- he does lots of smiling and he tells us stories now too. He also tells his toys stories.
- the last 2 nights he has slept at least 8 hours at a time! Woo Hoo!!!! I'm trying not to count on it to continue so I'm not too disappointed if he changes his mind about it.
- he just got a swing and he loves it.
- he doesn't want to miss anything. If we're out and he needs to be sleeping, I have to hold him and put a light blanket over his head so he can't see anything, then he falls right to sleep (don't worry, I always make sure he can still breathe :)
- he really recognizes Dan as his daddy now. He smiles right away when Dan talks to him. So sweet.
looking up up up